Did you know that the pavlova dessert is named after a ballerina of the same last name? Make flavours dance just as delicately on your guests’ tastebuds with the added taste of Club House Pure Vanilla found in this Club House-inspired recreation. For a little extra bite with an equal touch of sweetness, top with freshly candied ginger.
- This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Dale Mackay, Chef Owner of Grassroots Restaurant Group in Saskatoon.
- For the Pavlova: Place all the ingredients into a stand mixer with a whisk attachment on high. Whip for 10-12 minutes until it has very stiff peaks and is shiny. Put the mix into a piping bag with a medium-size round tip. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and pipe toonie-size tear drop shapes. Place tray in a pre-heated convection oven at 220°F for 30-40 mins. Cool on tray and reserve for use.
- For the Vanilla Basil Strawberry Topping: Place ingredients into a bowl, except the candied ginger. Toss the mixture well and let marinate for an hour.
- For the Whipping Cream: Mix together ingredients in a stand mixer until fluffy.
- For Serving: Place a few small spoons of whipped cream on the plate. Add the pavlovas and top with vanilla, basil and strawberries. Garnish with candied ginger and serve.