Created by Le Mousso Montreal’s Chef Camilo Lapointe, this 4-season flatbread is a must-add for your appetizer menu, no matter the season. Served with a lentil mole, finish with a plated tablespoon of plain yogurt and sprinkle on our Club House Ancho Chile Pepper for an extra kick to the dip.
- This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Camilo Lapointe Nascimento, Chef at Le Mousso in Montreal.
- For the Turmeric and Sweet Potato Flatbread: Combine dry components in a bowl. Next combine yogurt and yeast in a separate bowl. In a medium size bowl, mix dry and wet ingredients together and add sweet potato. Allow the dough to ferment overnight in the fridge. Portion small balls of dough (around 100g) and cover with oil. Let the dough rise for approximately 15 minutes. Flatten the dough with your hand and put onto the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- For the Lentil Mole: Using a very hot pan roast all the spices. Remove the spice and using the same pan, char tomatillos and tomatoes. Remove the tomatoes and tomatillos and then char the garlic and onions. Remove onions and garlic and roast the peanuts and dried raisins. Continuing with the same pan, add oil and all of the ingredients from step one. Cook everything together to create a paste. Rinse the lentils and add to the paste along with the chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil then cover with a lid and bring down the temperature to a simmer. Let simmer for minutes. Once the lentils are cooked, add the dark chocolate. Blend everything in a blender. Put the mole back into the pan and let cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- For Serving: Take one tablespoon full of mole and gently put it on the centre-of-the-plate. Next, take one tablespoon of plain yogurt and gently put it on the right side of the mole. Cut the flatbread in a triangle and place them in a bowl. Finish with a sprinkle of Club House Ancho Chile Pepper on top of the yogurt.
- Recipe type: Vegetable Fruit