This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Chris McDonald, Chef Culinary Instructor of Stratford Chefs School and Author in Toronto, ON.
- Drain bulgur well. Place bulgur with onion, La Grille Montreal Chicken Seasoning, Club House Pepper, Black Ground (½ tsp), kosher salt (½ tsp) and cardamom in food processor and pulse, scraping down the side of bowl periodically until the onion disappears into the bulgur mix. Add chicken and oil to processor until well-combined for about 1 minute. Add parsley and pulse to combine.
- Place mixture in a covered container and chill thoroughly overnight. Divide mixture into 8 portions. Drain skewers and moisten hands. Form mixture evenly around the top half of each skewer. Preheat grill to medium. Cook skewers until firm and lightly browned (6-8 minutes).
Butternut Squash Chutney
- In a small dry skillet over medium-high heat toast Club House Mustard Seeds until they darken slightly (3-4 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix kosher salt (2 tsp) and Club House Pepper, Black Ground (1 tsp) into flour until well incorporated. Toss squash in flour mixture until well coated. Meanwhile, bring vinegar, water and brown sugar to a boil to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat until hot (about 375-400˚F). Place squash in a sieve and shake away excess flour and discard. Fry squash in two batches until they start to soften (4-5 minutes). Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place squash in a medium bowl. Pour over vinegar mixture and add Club House Mustard Seed (2 tbsp) and mint. Stir to combine and allow squash to absorb and cool for 15-20 minutes. Drain. Add additional salt to taste, if necessary.
- Serve skewers warm and garnished with squash chutney.