This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Alex Edmonson, personal chef in Calgary, AB.
Bacon Seasoned BBQ Ribs | Serves 4
- 1 kg Baby back ribs
- 2 tbsps Salt
- 1 tbsps Brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsps Lawrys ® Maple Bacon Wing Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsps Club House ® Cumin, Ground
- 1 tbsps Coriander, ground
BBQ Sauce | Serves 4
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsps Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 cup Beer
- 1 tbsps Molasses
- 1 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsps Brown Sugar
- 1 tsps Garlic powder
- 1 tsps Salt
- 1 tsps
- 1/2 each Onion, diced
Pickled Dragon Fruit | Serves 4
- 1/2 cup White vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 1/2 tbsps Sugar
- 1 tsps Salt
Garnish | Serves 4
- 1 tsps Cilantro leaves
Bacon Seasoned BBQ Ribs
- Combine the salt, brown sugar, Lawry’s Maple Bacon Wing Seasoning, cumin and coriander. Evenly coat the rack of ribs with the spices and massage into the meat. Set aside to cure for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours set oven to 250 F. Wrap ribs in foil and place in oven. Cook for 3 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- Cool at room temperature. Once cooled place into fridge. Once fully chilled, portion individual bones.
- Heat a pot on medium heat with oil. Add the diced onion and cook through until lightly caramelized. Deglaze the onions with beer and reduce by half.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to a light simmer. Cook the sauce for 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Once cooked, let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes then blend on high to emulsify. Cool over ice or serve immediately.
Pickled Dragon Fruit
- Begin by making the pickling liquid. Combine the water, vinegar, salt and sugar together and bring to a boil. Peel off the skin of the dragon fruit and dice into 1 cm squares.
- Place fruit into a container. Pour the pickling liquid over the fruit and let sit for 1 hour. Once cooled transfer into fridge.
- Grill ribs on BBQ on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Using a brush, later sauce on all sides and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, pickled dragon fruit and a side of extra sauce if desired.