1. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
2. For the Smoky Chicken, soak wood chips in enough water to cover for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, season chicken evenly with applewood seasoning.
3. Drain wood chips. Fill smoker box with wet wood chips. Place smoker box under grill rack on one side of grill before lighting. Close grill.
4. Prepare grill for indirect medium heat (350°F to 375°F/180°C to 190°C). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one side. Place chicken on unlit side of grill. Close grill again.
5. Grill 30 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature of thickest part of chicken is 165ºF (74°C), turning occasionally. Move chicken to lit side of grill with skin-side down. Turn lit side of grill to high.
6. Grill, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes longer or until chicken is charred. Serve chicken with White BBQ Sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Refrigerate any leftover sauce and use as a salad dressing, condiment for burgers or dipping sauce for pretzels and vegetables.
To use a smoker, follow manufacturer’s directions.