In this refreshing twist on carpaccio, Yuzu Kosho Butter transforms into a vinaigrette once torched, delivering bright, aromatic flavour to every bite of rich burrata, tangy tomato, and caramelized grapefruit.
This recipe is featured in the Flavourful Fats Trend of the Flavour Forecast 23rd Edition. Explore more Flavour Forecast recipes here.
Yuzu Kosho Butter | Serves 4
- 1 cup (2 sticks/225 grams) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Yuzu Kosho, store bought or prepared
- 2 each Garlic Cloves, very finely chopped
Tomato Grapefruit Carpaccio | Serves 4
- 2 to 3 each Assorted Heirloom Tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 each Medium Grapefruit, peeled, sliced into very thin rounds
- 1/2 tsp (2 milliliters) Sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 milliliter) Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 milliliter) Club House ® Pepper, Black Ground
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Cold Yuzu Kosho Butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 each (about 8 ounces/225 grams) Ball Burrata Cheese, sliced into small rounds
- 1 each (18-inch/45-cm) Baguette, warmed and sliced
- Microgreens, to garnish (optional)
Yuzu Kosho Butter
- Place all ingredients in small bowl. Puree with immersion blender until well blended and smooth. Spoon butter onto plastic wrap. Roll into a log about 1-inch (2.5-cm) in diameter. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm. Reserve for service.
Tomato Grapefruit Carpaccio
- Shingle tomato and grapefruit slices on serving platter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar, salt and pepper. Dot with Yuzu Kosho Butter. Melt butter using a blowtorch until lightly browned.
- Top Carpaccio with sliced burrata and garnish with microgreens, if desired. Serve with warm baguette slices.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast