- 1 cup (6 cups) All-purpose flour
- 2 each (12 each) Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (3 cups) Whipping (35%) cream
- 2 oz (12 ounce) Feta cheese
- 1 cup (2 cups) Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsps (2 tablespoons) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsps (1 cup) Olive oil
- 1 tbsps (1/3 cup) Chopped shallots
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Club House ® Pepper, Black Restaurant Grind
- 4 cups (24 cups) Mixed greens
- 2/3 cup (4 cups) Unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsps (1 tablespoons) Salt
- 3 tbsps (1 cup) Ice cold water
- 1 cup (6 cups) Quartered Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (3 cups) ½-in (1 cm) diced eggplant
- 1 tbsps (1/3 cup) Olive oil
- 1 tsps (2 tablespoons) Club House ® Basil Leaves
- 1 1/2 tsps (3 tablespoons)
- For Pastry. Blend together flour, butter and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Drizzle in the cold water through the feed tube. The dough should resemble coarse meal. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and divide into 1 portion per serving. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into 5-in (12 cm) disks. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, Gas Mark 4). Place the dough in a removable tart ring. Par bake the dough for 20 minutes.
- For Tart Filling: Season the tomatoes and eggplant with olive oil basil leaves and vegetable seasoning. Roast in a 400°F (200°C Gas Mark 6) oven for 25 minutes. In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks and cream. Fill each tart shell with 50 mL of egg mixture then add the tomatoes eggplant and feta cheese. Bake until golden about 25-30 minutes.
- For Dressing: Whisk together vinegar and mustard. Emulsify in olive oil. Add chopped shallots and season with salt and pepper. Toss with greens.
Club House La Grille Vegetable Seasoning compliments any Mediterranean dish with the common ingredients of spinach, feta, garlic and oregano. Try seasoning in spinach dip with sundried tomatoes and feta to spread on crostini for a great appetizer.
- Recipe type: Vegetable Fruit