A chopped chicken salad so craveable it redefines indulgence. Experience a multitude of texture and flavor in this delicious, can’t-get-enough-of-it meal, each bite as varied and exciting as the next. From the crunch of sweet potato chips and mixed spiced nuts, to cool, creamy avocado and a tangy, salty-sweet vinaigrette that ties everything together, this is one salad consumers will be wanting more of.
Vinaigrette | Serves 8
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Cilantro, packed, stems and leaves
- 1 tsp (5 milliliters) Frenchs ® Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 milliliters) Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsps (45 milliliters) Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 milliliters) Club House ® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 milliliters) Club House ® Ginger, Ground
Spiced Nuts | Serves 8
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) Pecans
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) Peanuts
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsps (45 milliliters) Sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp (4 milliliters) Salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp (4 milliliters) Club House ® Cayenne Pepper, Ground , divided
Chicken | Serves 8
- 1 pound (4 Pieces/500 g) Chicken Thighs, skin on
- 1 tbsp (15 milliliters) Vegetable Oil
To Assemble | Serves 8
- 4 cups (1 liter) Chopped Romaine Hearts
- 4 cups (1 liter) Chopped Kale, stems removed
- 2 Medium Avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Sweet Potato Chips, plain, coarsely crushed
- Place all ingredients in blender container; cover. Process on high speed until smooth. Hold refrigerated for service. (Vinaigrette will hold up to 2 days.)
- Heat oven to 300°F (150°C). Toss pecans and peanuts with maple syrup, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) each salt and cayenne pepper; toss to coat. Spread mixture on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) each salt and cayenne pepper. Remove nuts from oven and sprinkle with sugar mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Cool completely; roughly chop mixture and set aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) prepared vinaigrette and 1 tablespoon oil in bowl. Add chicken, marinate at least 10 minutes. Grill chicken thighs over medium-high heat until cooked through. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately or hold refrigerated until service.
- Dress greens with the remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) Vinaigrette. Serve topped with chicken and garnished with Spiced Nuts and sweet potato chips.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast
- Prep time: 15
- Total time: 25