1. For the Broth, mix seasonings in small bowl. Set aside. Heat oil in 6-quart stockpot on medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until softened. Add chicken stock, crushed tomatoes and 1/2 of the seasoning mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, adding corn during last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove corn to a plate. Stir lime juice into broth.
2. Meanwhile, for the Avocado Crema, place all ingredients in food processor. Process on high speed until smooth. Transfer to bowl; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Coat chicken strips with remaining seasoning mixture; place on plate. Place chayote on a separate plate. Place garnishes in bowls.
4. To serve, pour broth into 6-quart electric hot pot or preheated slow cooker. Allow guests to cook chicken and chayote in broth as desired. (Chicken should be cooked about 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.)
5. Let each guest customize their own bowl. Ladle some broth with cooked chicken and vegetables into individual bowls. Top with garnishes and Avocado Crema as desired.
Test Kitchen Tip: A chayote (or mirliton) is a pear-shaped squash with a texture and taste somewhere between a cucumber and a zucchini. Find it in the specialty section of the produce aisle or in Latin markets. If unavailable, substitute zucchini.
How to preheat a slow cooker and serve at the table: Preheat slow cooker by filling insert halfway with boiling water. Cover and heat 45 minutes on HIGH. Meanwhile, prepare broth as directed. Just before serving, empty slow cooker insert of hot water. Carefully pour hot broth into slow cooker on HIGH.