Egg rolls and plum sauce – it's a classic story. But here, we’ve got a brand-new, sour powered twist. Prepped in an air fryer or fried on the stovetop, crispy, duck-filled egg rolls are the perfect vessel for showcasing a sour powered tamarind plum sauce that creates the perfect fruity, tangy contrast to the overall richness of the dish.
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Light Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsps (60 milliliters) Fish Sauce
- 4 tbsp (60 milliliters) Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, pureed
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Tamarind Sauce
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Plum Sauce
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Lime Juice
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Butter, salted
- 1/2 package (500 grams) Shredded Roast Duck
- 1/2 tsp (2 milliliters) Club House ® Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 milliliter) Club House ® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 milliliter) Club House ® Cloves, Ground
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Cabbage, shredded
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) Carrots, shredded
- 20 Egg Roll Wrappers
- In saucepan over medium heat, mix brown sugar, fish sauce, chipotles, tamarind sauce, plum sauce and lime juice. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes until sugar has dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Reserve half of the sauce for dipping eggrolls; hold refrigerated for service. Hold remaining sauce for duck filling mixture.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, melt. Stir in duck, onion powder, cinnamon and cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and duck is slightly crispy. Stir in cabbage and carrots; cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes, just until wilted. Stir in reserved half of sauce. Hold refrigerated for service.
- To assemble egg rolls, place 1 eggroll wrapper on a clean work surface, with points facing up and down, like a diamond. Spoon about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the duck filling across center of wrapper. Brush top edge of the wrapper with water. Fold bottom edge of wrapper up and over filling, then fold in right and left corner of wrapper. Roll tightly from bottom to top, pressing top edge down to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Hold refrigerated or frozen for service.
- Fry egg rolls until golden brown and crispy. Drain well. Cut in half on a bias to serve. Serve with warm Chipotle Tamarind Sauce for dipping.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast