This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Brayden Kozak, Chef Owner of Three Boars, Farrow Sandwiches and Wishbone in Edmonton.
Fiery Habanero & Roasted Garlic Popcorn Shrimp
- Heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine marinated shrimp ingredients in a bowl and marinate for 10 minutes then strain off liquid.
- In a medium sized bowl combine seasoned flour ingredients. In a second bowl combine egg, buttermilk and La Grille Fiery Habanero and Roasted Garlic Seasoning. Mix well.
- Dredge the shrimp in seasoned flour. Remove any excess. Dredge the shrimp in the buttermilk egg mixture. Coast a second time with the seasoned four. Fry shrimp for three or four minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the sunflower seeds, roasted red peppers, garlic, Club House Paprika, vinegar, tomato paste and parsley. Pulse the mixture until all ingredients are finely chopped. Scrape the bowl down. Drizzle the olive oil in through the lid until fully emulsified.
- In a blender combine mayonnaise, yogurt, cilantro and garlic. Blend until smooth and cilantro is completely pureed. Transfer to a medium sized bowl. Add dill, chives, Worcestershire, lime juice, Club House Black Pepper, Ground and Club House Sea Salt, French Mediterranean and combine.
- In a small bowl combine herbs and reserve until needed.
- Plate popcorn shrimp drizzled with sunflower Romesco and a side of cilantro-lime ranch.
- Recipe type: Fish Seafood