- This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Shane Chartrand, Executive Chef and General Manager of the River Cree Resort and Casino’s Sage Restaurant in Edmonton, AB.
- For the Sweet Mustard: Combine Club House Mustard Seed, water (120 mL) and sugar together in a jar. Leave for 24 hours.
- For the BC Albacore Tuna: Prepare tuna by spraying it gently with vegetable spray. Coat tuna with Club House La Grille Maple Bacon Seasoning. Wrap tuna tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Heat up plancha grill to high until just smoking. Add oil into the pan and carefully sear all sides of the rubbed tuna for no longer than 5 seconds. Lay the loins in the grill away from you. Take off the heat and transfer into the freezer to stop the cooking process and to make the tuna slice more easily. Leave for 10- 12 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator.
- For the Green Beans: In a medium sauce pot, add water (120 mL), sherry wine, white vinegar and bring to a light boil then add green beans. Leave cooking gently for a few minutes then strain. Cool in the refrigerator
- For Assembly: Take the tuna out and gently cut at a slight angle into ½” slices. Separately, toss the pickled beans in cold pressed canola and add a pinch of coarse sea salt. In 4 small bowls, equally spoon the mustard in each, then gently pile mixed vegetables on top of mustard sauce. Finish with the slices of tuna on top.
Chef Insider Tip: Quick Pickling
Pickling vegetables? For maximum flavour, in a pot, add water, vinegar, honey, salt plus black peppercorns, pink peppercorns, garlic and any other preferred seasoning. Bring this mixture to a boil and pour into your pre-sanitized vegetable jars along with the produce to be pickled. Seal the lid tightly and allow sitting for 1-7 to reach desired flavour.
- Recipe type: Fish Seafood