A modern take on baked eggs – replace the traditional spinach with Swiss chard, add bite with crushed green peppercorns and sprinkle with tangy goat cheese.
- 50 ml (375 milliliters) Panko bread crumbs
- 45 ml (250 milliliters) Butter
- 75 ml (500 milliliters) Finely chopped shallots
- 5 ml (30 milliliters) Club House ® Peppercorn Mélange
- 2 ml (15 milliliters) Club House ® Sea Salt, French Mediterranean
- 1 1/4 liters (7 1/2 liters) Swiss chard
- 15 ml (90 milliliters) Water
- 175 ml (1 1/10 liters) Seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 each Eggs
- Generously butter four 175-250 mL ramekins or custard cups. Place on sheet pan. Sprinkle 15 mL of the panko in bottom of each cup. Melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Add shallots crushed peppercorns and half of the sea salt. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add Swiss chard and water; cook and stir on medium-low heat about 8 minutes or until tender. Spoon about 50 mL of the Swiss chard into each ramekin. Top each with a serving portion of tomatoes. Make a depression in the vegetables. Place 1 egg into each depression taking care not to break the yolk. Season with remaining sea salt. Sprinkle goat cheese evenly over eggs. Bake in preheated 400°F (200°C Gas Mark 6) oven 16-18 minutes or until egg whites are almost set. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes. Season to taste with additional green peppercorns and serve with buttered toast if desired.