A Windy City staple but make it pizza - loaded with tender slow roasted beef and traditional hot pepper topping - and don't forget the gravy (jus).
Pizza | Serves 4
- 1 pound (500 milliliters) Pizza Dough, prepared
- 14 oz (398 milliliters) San Marzano Tomaotes, canned, pureed
- 2 1/2 cups (340 grams) Mozzarella
- 500 g (3 kilogram) Beef steak
Toppings | Serves 4
- 4 cups (1 liter) Jus, From Chicago Beef Sandwich
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) Roast Beef, From Chicago Beef Sandwich, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cups (150 milliliters) , From Chicago Beef Sandwich
- Divide dough into two balls and roll each into 12-inch (30-cm) rounds.
- Set oven to 400°F (200°C). Spread each pizza with 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato, leaving a 1/2-inch (1-cm) border along edges.
- In a bowl combine sliced beef and jus.
- Top each pizza with 1 1/4 cups (170 g) shredded mozzerella, 1 cup (250 ml) of jus covered beef and 1/3 cup (75 ml) of hot pepper topping.
- Using a brush, dip in remaining jus and brush along the edges of pizza.
- Bake until cheese is melted and crust is crisp, intermittently spraying the pizza with water to keep beef from drying out.
- Cut as desired and serve immediately.
Swap out jus for water when spraying the pizza for an extra layer of umami!