- 2 1/2 pounds (1 2/15 kilograms) Sirloin steak
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) Club House La Grille ® Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ , divided
- 6 tbsps (90 milliliters) Olive Oil, divided
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) Onions, diced
- 3 cups White Mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Butter
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced into 12 ½-in (1 cm) thick pieces
- 3 each Whole tomatoes, sliced into 12 pieces
- 12 slices Gruyère cheese
- In a clean resealable plastic bag, add steak and 10 tbsp of seasoning and 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, add remaining oil, onions and mushrooms; sauté for 2 minutes. Chill and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and the remaining seasoning; mix well.
- Place steak onto a hot grill and grill until desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Butter one side of 6 bread slices and on the other side spread with prepared mayonnaise.
- Divide onions and mushrooms between slices of bread and place on the mayonnaise topped bread slices. Add 2 slices of tomatoes. Sliced steak into thin slices and add on top of tomatoes.
- Top with a slice of gruyere cheese and then the remaining bread slices, making sure buttered side is facing out. Place into a hot Panini press and cook until golden brown.
- Cut into 2 and serve ½ a sandwich per person.