An Indian-inspired drink featuring a lemon-turmeric cordial, apricot liqueur, whiskey, ginger juice, and grapefruit bitters. Recipe Credit: Monica Saxena @aRoqa.
Turmeric & Lemon Cordial | Serves 4
- 1 tsp Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder , whole
- 1/4 tsp Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 cups Lemon Juice, Fresh
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/3 cup Turmeric Root, peeled, rough chop
Marigold & Smoke Cocktail | Serves 4
- As Needed Ice
- 3 tbsps Blended Canadian Whiskey , Such as Crown Royal or Canadian Club
- 2 tbsps Lime Cordial, Such as Rose's Lime Cordial by Hen
- 2 tsps Apricot Brandy Liqueur , Such as Sisca Apricot Brandy Liquer
- 1 tsp Kentucky Straigh Bourbon, Such as Maker's Mark
- 1 tsp Ginger Juice, Such as The Ginger People Organic Juice
- 2 dashs Grapefruit Bitters, Such as Etsy Brand
Turmeric & Lemon Cordial
- In a spice grinder blend the Club House BlackPeppercorns and Club House Sea Slt until finely ground.
- In a pot over medium heat combine ground black pepper and salt, lemon juice, sugar, and turmeric root. Bring up to 190F and remove from heat. Submerge in an ice bath to cool completely.
- Transfer cooled mixture to a blender and blend for 1 minute. Strain through fine-mesh sieve, discarding solids. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add blended Canadian whiskey, turmeric & lemon cordial, apricot liqueur, Smoky Bourbon, ginger juice, and grapefruit bitters. Shake vigorously.
- Fill desired glass with ice. Strain drink into prepared glass. Garnish with an orange and yellow flower. Serve chilled.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast