Cholula® Green Pepper Hot Sauce delivers the authentic flavors of jalapeno and poblano, in this Mexican-inspired comfort soup.
- 1 pound (450 grams) Chicken Thighs, boneless
- 1 1/2 tbsps (22 milliliters) Club House La Grille ® Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 2 tsps (10 milliliters) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Scallions, cut on the bias
- 6 each Corn Tortillas, 6-inch (15-cm)
- 1 1/2 quarts (1500 milliliters) Chicken Stock, hot
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Tomatoes, canned, diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 milliliters) Club House ® Cumin, Ground
- 1 each Club House ® Bay Leaves, Whole
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Cholula ® Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 3 tbsps (45 milliliters) Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Corn Tortillas, thin strips, fried
- Set oven 350°F (180°C). Season chicken thighs on both sides with Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Roast to an internal temperature of 165°F (85°C). Reserve rendered fat. Cool chicken and pull.
- In a heavy-bottom stockpot, over medium heat add reserved chicken fat. Add garlic and scallions and sauté until fragrant.
- Tear the first amount of tortillas into pot and cook until lightly toasted.
- Add hot stock, tomatoes, cumin, and bay leaf. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until tortillas have broken down.
- Add pulled chicken and Cholula Green Pepper Hot Sauce. Stir to distribute. Hold hot for service or cool and reheat as needed.
- For each serving, ladle 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) soup into a warm bowl. Garnish with 2 teaspoons (10 ml) cilantro and 1/4 cup 60 ml) tortilla strips. Serve hot.