Tacos are love, tacos are life, and that’s why we love when chefs are constantly kicking them up a notch; like Chef Eric Wilson! Full of delicious pulled pork sweated with the long-time essential taste of OLD BAY seasoning, these must-eat street tacos are finished off with ancho chili mayo, cilantro leaves, pickled red onion, feta and a squeeze of lime. *crunch* *crunch*
Pulled Pork | Serves 8
- 1 kg Pork shoulder, bone in
- 200 ml Chicken stock
- 355 ml Traditional Ale
- 200 ml Orange juice
- 2 tsps Apple cider vinegar
- 100 ml White onion, diced
- 25 ml Garlic, minced
- 2 tsps Club House ® Ancho Chili Pepper, Ground
- 2 tsps OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1 tsps Club House ® Chipotle Chili Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 tsps Club House ® Sea Salt, French Mediterranean
- 1/2 tsps Club House ® Pepper, Black Ground
Pickled Onions | Serves 8
- 1 each Red onion, sliced
- 2 cups Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup White sugar
Ancho Chili Mayo | Serves 8
- 150 g Mayo
- 1 tbsps Club House ® Ancho Chili Pepper, Ground
Serving | Serves 8
- 8 each Tortilla shells, grilled
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves, fresh
- This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Eric Wilson, Chef at Murrieta’s Bar & Grill in George Town.
- For the Pulled Pork: In a braising pan, brown the pork shoulder. Once browned add the diced onions, minced garlic and spices. Let the pork shoulder sweat. Next, add the chicken stock, orange juice, beer, and apple cider vinegar. Cover and set into oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 4 hours. Pull meat apart.
- For the Pickled Onions: Bring Apple cider vinegar, water and sugar to a boil. Add sliced red onion and cool. Let sit for one hour.
- For the Ancho Chili Mayo: In a small bowl, combine mayo and Club House Ancho Chili Pepper, Ground.
- For Serving: Grill 8 tortilla shells add pulled pork. Finish with Ancho chili mayo, cilantro leaves, pickled red onion, feta and a squeeze of lime.
Chef’s Tip: Pair these street tacos with an OLD BAY Caesar.