This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Scott Vivian, Chef Owner of Beast Restaurant in Toronto, ON.
- Pour olive oil in a medium pot. On medium high heat brown the sausage, making sure to break up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the onions, garlic and roasted garlic and pepper seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes making sure the onions don't stick to the bottom.
- Add the flour, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk, stir well and cook until the milk comes up to a light boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until thickened, about 6-8 minutes. Once desired consistency is met, take off heat.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in sugar, salt and pepper. On large holes of box grater, grate butter into dry mix. Mix with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Gradually add buttermilk and cream, gently working mixture with hands until dough forms. Do not overwork.
- Turn dough onto floured surface. Sprinkle with flour. Gently roll 3/4-inch (2-cm) thick. Using floured 2-1/2-inch (6-cm) round cookie cutter, punch out scones. Press scraps together and repeat one more time.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper. Place scones 1-1/2-inches (3.5-cm) apart on tray. Brush tops with cream. Bake on top shelf of preheated 400-degrees F oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Plate gravy filled biscuits and garnish with green onion.