All grown up and ready to party, this punchy twist on classic lemonade is refreshingly different. Steeped with a lemony black pepper simple syrup, sweet-tart tamarind lemonade goes down easy. Garnish with ground black pepper on the rim for a subtle finishing bite.
Lemon Pepper Syrup | Serves 6
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Sugar
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Water
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Club House ® Pepper, Black Coarse Grind
- 1 tsp (5 milliliters) Lemon Extract
Lemon Pepper Sugar | Serves 6
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 milliliters) Club House ® Pepper, Black Coarse Grind
- 1 Lemon, zest only
Lemonade | Serves 6
- 12 cups (2 1/4 liters) Ice, divided
- 3/4 cup (180 milliliters) Fresh Lemon Juice, divided
- 6 tsps (30 milliliters) Tamarind Paste, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) Lemon Pepper Syrup, divided
- 6 cups (1 1/2 liters) Water, divided
- Lemon Pepper Sugar
Lemon Pepper Syrup
- In medium saucepan, mix sugar, water and black pepper. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Steep 15 minutes. Strain through fine mesh sieve. Stir in lemon extract. Hold refrigerated for service.
Lemon Pepper Sugar
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until no lumps remain. Hold refrigerated in air-tight container for service.
Tamarind Lemon Pepper Lemonade
- For each serving, fill cocktail shaker with 1 cup (250 ml) of ice, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) tamarind concentrate, 4 tablespoons (60 ml) lemon pepper syrup and 1 cup (250 ml) water; shake vigorously 30 seconds.
- Dip rim of 16-ounce (1 pint) beverage glass in Lemon Pepper Syrup, then dip in Lemon Pepper Sugar to coat. Fill with 1 cup ice. Strain lemonade into prepared glass to serve. Garnish with lemon wheel, if desired.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast