This sipping sour is great to sip on its own or used as a mixer for light, refreshing cocktails.
- 6 cups Distilled water
- 2 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 4 each Meier Lemon , Peeled and Juiced
- 1 tsp Club House ® Garam Masala
- 10 each Club House Juniper Berries , Crushed
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 2 tbsp Grass feed whey protein, Unflavored
- 2 tbsps Liquid Amber Honey15 KG
- 2 cups Organic Golden Beets , peeled, grated
- 1 cup Kraut, Drained and rinsed
- Wash and sanitize all the fermentation equipment including knife and cutting board.
- Make a salt brine with 500 ml of distilled water, pink salt, lemon, cardamom, saffron and juniper berries
- Bring water to a boil and add salt, remove from heat and add remaining water, honey and whey protein. Strain and reserve.
- Reserve and refrigerate any left over brine, extra brine could be used as needed.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and place in the jar.
- Pour salt brine over the ingredients in the jar leaving 2 inches of headspace.
- Seal jar with fermenting lids, place jar into a hotel pan to catch any liquid displaced during the fermentation.
- Ferment the beet mixture away from direct light ( See chef's tip for fermentation temperature and time)
- Taste the mixture after one week to determine the level of sourness.
- If it's not sour enough, reseal the jar and ferment for another week.
- When the process of fermenting is completed, strain through a cheesecloth and transfer liquid to bottles.
- Seal bottles and refrigerate up to 6 months.
- Sour can be flavored or carbonated through second fermentation.
Mix sipping sour with prosecco, or try lemon lime soda for a mocktail version.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast