This traditional condiment (dipping sauce) from India is packed with bold flavour thanks to curry leaves and our Cooling Spice Blend starring calming, balancing spices like cardamom and fennel.
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3/4 cup Red Onion, 1/4" dice
- 2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tbsp Cooling Spice Blend
- 2 cups Tomatoes, chopped
- 10 each Curry Leaves, whole, fresh
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a saute pan over high heat melt ghee. Add red onion, and garlic and ginger pastes. Cook until onion is softened. Add Cooling spice blend and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, curry leaves, sugar, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer to blender and process until smooth. Hold refrigerated until needed.
Serve this chutney as a dipping sauce with any Indian inspired dish, such as these Cooling Paneer Pakoras.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast