- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in chipotle pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Add sesame seeds; cook and stir 5 minutes until fragrant and toasted.
- Stir in beer; bring to boil. Boil 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to about 4 1/2 cups.
- Reduce heat to low. Add piloncillo; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place beer mixture, sea salt and pepper into blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Store sauce in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
• Serve Adobo Negro Sauce with plancha grilled scallops, shrimp, fish and pork.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast