Give your diners a dish to remember with Chef Jesse Vergen’s latest recipe, enhanced by the recognizable, always alluring flavour of OLD BAY®! Made with summery ingredients like fresh salmon, yellow potatoes plus Club House’s all-year Sea Salt, French Mediterranean and Black Pepper seasonings, this is one dish guests will hope you keep on the menu, even when fall comes calling.
- This recipe was created in collaboration with Club House for Chefs by: Jesse Vergen, Chef Owner of Saint John Ale House in St. John, New Brunswick
- For the Old Bay Cured Salmon: Start the salmon 24 hour in advance by blending the Old Bay Seasoning, sugar, and lemon zest. Then rub the fillet with this cure mixture. Make sure to aggressively cover the salmon and leave covered in the refrigerator for 24 hour. After the salmon has firmed up, rinse off the spices and medium dice the salmon.
- For the Lovage Crème Fraiche: Mix the heavy cream and cultured butter milk. Leave the mixture in a warm place to thicken and develop deep flavour. When the mixture has thickened, mix in the lovage puree and reserve.
- For the Acadian Style Potato Pancakes: Peel the potato. Rappee the potato on a box grater. Add an egg to the potato puree and tear up the bread. Mix the ingredients well in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Fry four small pancakes with the potato batter in butter over a medium heat. Season with a OLD BAY Seasoning to finish.
- For Serving: Place pancakes on four plates and spread the cream fraiche over each one. Top with salmon.
- Recipe type: Fish Seafood