Fresh salmon seasoned with a smoky rub, then cedar grilled and served with a sweet, caramelized BBQ onion glaze.
BBQ Caramelized Onion Glaze | Serves 4
- 2 tbsps (30 milliliters) Olive Oil
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) Onions, julienne
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Balsamic Vinegar, dark
- 1/3 cup (70 milliliters) Cattlemens ® Kansas City Classic BBQ Sauce
Salmon | Serves 4
- 4 each Salmon Fillets, 6 oz (170 gram) portions
- 4 tsps (20 milliliters) Olive Oil
- 4 tsps (20 milliliters) Cattlemens ® Smokehouse Rub
BBQ Caramelized Onion Glaze
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add oil and onions. Sweat onions until cooked down and begin to caramelize.
- Add balsamic vinegar and BBQ sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced to a glaze. Hold warm for service.
- Set grill to medium high. For each serving, rub 1 portion salmon with 1 teaspoon (5 ml) oil and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) smokehouse rub.
- Grill salmon on each side basting with onion glaze, until an internal temperature of 145°F (62°C) is reached. Serve warm topped with extra glaze alongside desired accompaniments.
This is a versatile preparation that can be used with many different proteins from chicken to pork chops.
- Recipe type: Fish Seafood