Chill out with layer upon layer of refreshing flavour in this savory parfait. Every spoonful of beets whipped with Greek yogurt, and fluffy, lemony feta mixture is full of feel-good flavour to help you “beet the heat.”
- 2 cups Beets, roasted, peeled and cooled
- 1/2 cup Grated cucumber
- 2 cups Plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 2 tbsps Tahini
- 4 tsps Fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 tsps Club House ® Pepper, Black Ground
- 11/2 tsps Club House ® Coriander Seed, Ground
- 1/4 tsps Club House ® Cumin, Ground
- 1 tsps Lemon zest
- 3 tbsps Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 tsps Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 3/4 tsps Salt
- 1/4 tsps Club House Dill Weed
- 3/4 cup Roasted pistachios, shelled, coarsely chopped
- Place beets in blender container; cover. Puree until smooth; set aside. Press grated cucumber between sheets of paper towels; squeeze out as much liquid as possible, repeating until mostly dry.
- Mix beet puree, 1 cup (250 ml) of the Greek yogurt, cucumber, tahini, 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, salt, 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) of the black pepper, coriander and cumin in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 1 cup (250 ml) Greek yogurt, 3 teaspoons (15 ml) lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) black pepper, lemon zest, olive oil, feta, crushed red pepper and dill weed in food processor; cover. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Transfer to bowl; cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- To assemble parfaits, spoon 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the feta mixture into bottom of 6 (8-ounce/250 ml) parfait glasses. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of pistachios and layer with 1/2 cup (250 ml) of the beet mixture. Top with another layer of feta mixture and garnish with remaining pistachios. Serve chilled.
- Parfaits can be assembled and refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving. If assembled for longer than 2 hours, the beet layer will bleed into the feta layers.
- To roast beets, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Wrap trimmed and cleaned beets in foil. Place in shallow baking pan. Roast 1 hour or until beets are tender when pierced with small knife. Cool until able to handle. Peel then coarsely chop beets, if desired.