Crepes | Serves 8
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 2 tbsps Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsps Club House ® Sea Salt, French Mediterranean
- 1 1/2 cups Warm water
- 1/2 tsps Sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsps Vegetable oil, divided
- 4 Eggs, divided
Jalapeno Fajita Filling | Serves 8
- 3 tbsps Lime juice
- 3 tbsps Vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsps Billy Bee Liquid Honey
- 2 tsps Club House ® Garlic Powder
- 1 tsps Club House ® Sea Salt, French Mediterranean
- 1/2 tsps Club House ® Pepper, Black Coarse Grind
- 1 pounds Skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 1 Medium jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 can Fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tsps Club House ® Ancho Chili Pepper, Ground
- 1 tsps Club House ® Cumin, Ground
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsps Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges to serve
- For the crêpes, mix flour, cornstarch and sea salt in a large bowl with wire whisk. Gradually add water, whisking until batter is very smooth. Whisk in sesame oil (batter will be thin). Let stand while preparing filling.
- For the fajita filling, mix lime juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, honey, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper in small bowl. Reserve 2 tbsp (30 mL) marinade in bowl. Pour remaining marinade over steak in large resealable plastic bag; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavour.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 3 minutes per side or until evenly seared. Remove from pan and place on cutting board.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add sliced onion and jalapeno pepper to skillet; cook 2-3 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomatoes, reserved marinade, ancho chili pepper and cumin. Bring to boil. Cook 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Slice steak across the grain into thin strips. Return to pan with tomato mixture. Keep warm.
- To cook crêpes, brush about ½ tsp (2 mL) of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Pour about 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the batter into the skillet, tilting to evenly cover bottom of skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bottom of crêpe is lightly browned and crispy. Place crêpe, egg side down, on cutting board. Repeat with remaining batter and eggs.
- To assemble, spoon 1 cup (250 mL) of the fajita filling and ¼ each of the shredded cheese, avocado and cilantro down the center of the non-egg side of each crêpe. Fold or roll crêpe to enclose filling. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Crêpes can be made ahead of time. Store crepes between layers of waxed paper on a large plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days. Reheat crêpes in a hot, oiled skillet, turning to crisp both sides.
To take your crêpe on-the-go, cut filled crepe in half then wrap each half in waxed paper or foil.