A smoky take on a Spanish favourite. Guests will want to bite into the mild heat found in these Club House Chipotle Cinnamon-seasoned Churros. A yin to their flavourful yang, serve with citrusy house-made Cilantro Sour Cream for that unforgettable, dippable touch.
- This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Dale Mackay, Chef Owner of Grassroots Hospitality in Saskatoon.
- For the Chipotle Cinnamon Coating: Place Sugar, Club House Chipotle Cinnamon and lime zest into a medium-size bowl. Mix well to combine and reserve for use.
- For Cilantro Sour Cream: Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together well. Reserve for use.
- For the Chipotle Cinnamon Churros: Place water and butter in a medium-sized pot and heat until the butter is completely melted. Add all other batter ingredients and take off heat. Stir ingredients together quickly as it will start to thicken as you stir. As soon as it all comes together as a dough, place in a piping bag with a medium-size star tip. Heat deep fryer or oil to 375°F. Pipe 4-6 long churros into oil and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel.
- For Serving: While the churros are still hot, toss them in coating. Mix until fully coated. Serve warm or at room temperature with cilantro sour cream.
- Recipe type: Breads Cakes