Unbelievably tender, juicy brisket seasoned with Texas Longhorn Rub and brushed with the sweet, tangy flavor of Carolina Gold BBQ sauce.
- Square brisket by cutting off a thin strip of meat on each side. Remove silver skin. Trim fat cap to an even layer, about 1/4- to 1/2-inch (1/2- to 1-cm) thick.
- Brush brisket on all sides with Cattlemen’s Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce. Rub Cattlemen’s Texas Longhorn Rub all over brisket. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Set oven/smoker to 200°F (93°C). Remove brisket from plastic wrap. Cook brisket, fat side up, about 12 hours or until internal temp of brisket reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove brisket from oven or smoker. Wrap completely with 2 layers of unwaxed butcher paper.
- Cook/smoke 8 to 12 hours longer or until internal temperature at the thickest part of brisket reaches 180°F to 200°F (82 to 93°C) and meat is very tender when probed with thermometer.
- Remove brisket from oven/smoker and place in an insulated cooler to rest for 3 hours. Wrap and refrigerate until service.
- Cut across the grain into thin slices to serve. Also, great served on sandwiches, as a nacho topping, or to fill tacos.
Only carve what you will serve—brisket dries out quickly after its carved