- 4 oz (113 grams) Flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 4 tsps (20 milliliters) Salt
- 3 quarts (3 liters) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) fresh Thai basil , thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup (125 to 250 milliliters) Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) Brown sugar
- Fresh red chiles, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- Season beef with salt, set aside. Heat oil in large wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add beef and curry paste; stir fry 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is lightly browned.
- Stir in coconut milk. Bring to simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in fish sauce and sugar. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer to blend flavours. Sprinkle with basil. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional basil and chile slices, if desired. Serve with cooked jasmine rice, if desired.
- Partially freezing the steak makes it easier to cut into thin strips.
- Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian groceries. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.