This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Rigo Herrera, Sous Chef of Maria Gourmet Kitchen in Houston, TX.
Marinating Mix | Serves 4
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Frenchs ® Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 milliliters) Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 milliliters) Club House ® Mustard Seed
Steak Kebabs | Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) Top Sirloin Steak, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) cubes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 each Zucchini Squash
- 4 each Kebab Skewers
Chimichurri | Serves 4
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Olive Oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Mint
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Lemon juice
- 2 each Garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp (8 milliliters) Club House ® Mustard Seed
Summer Orzo | Serves 4
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) Orzo
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) Grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Chimichurri
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Cut meat into 1 inch squares. Take steams off mushrooms and cut zucchini into quarter inch rounds. Marinade in marinating mix.
- Build kebabs by skewering in the steak, squash and mushroom in order until 4 pieces of steak have been skewered.
- Warm a skillet or flat cast iron pan on medium high heat. Once warmed cook for about 5 minutes then turn over and cook until desired doneness.
- Finely mince parsley, mint, onion and garlic. Mix in lemon juice, olive oil, La Grille Montreal Steak Seasoning and Club House Mustard Seed.
- Bring a pot of water to boil that's been seasoned with a pinch of salt. Once a rolling boil has started add orzo to water and boil for 10 minutes. Cut grape tomatoes length wise and mix with cooked orzo. Add chimichurri mixture into the orzo and toss together.
- Place 2 kebabs on a bed of summer orzo topped with chimichurri.