10 Things You Didn’t Know About Chef Greg Balingit
August 06 2019After being raised and trained in big city Ontario with an emphasis on the importance of food and family together around the dinner table, Executive Chef, and Humber College Graduate, Greg Balingit was given an offer he couldn’t refuse and headed for the Maritimes. Today, you’ll find him behind the line of Five Fishermen, a contemporary eatery in historical Halifax, known for its locally sourced dishes including seafood and steak.
We stopped in to The Five Fishermen to find out 10 things you didn’t know about Chef Balingit.
1. Go-to place to eat in Halifax?
The Orient Chinese Cuisine.
2. Favourite thing about living on the east coast?
3. One ingredient that you’d say tastes like Halifax?
4. Must have spice or seasoning?
5. One Halifax Chef you’d love to collaborate with?
6. Favourite dish you never get tired of eating?
7. What would you say your cooking style is?
8. What’s your favourite east coast seafood offering?
9. Favourite thing to do when you’re not cooking?
Hangout with my family.
10. What food scene would you like to explore?