This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Duskie Estes, Chef of Zazu Kitchen and Farm in Sebastopol, CA.
3 Pepper Rim | Serves 4
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 milliliters) salt
- 1 tsp (5 milliliters) Club House ® Pepper, White Ground
- 1 tsp (5 milliliters) Club House ® Pepper, Black Ground
- 1 tsp (5 milliliters) Club House ® Peppercorns Pink
Mangosteen Smash | Serves 4
- 8 oz (235 milliliters) Mangosteen Juice
- 1 1/2 oz (45 milliliters) Lime Juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 oz (45 milliliters) Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 tsp (5 milliliters) 3 Pepper Rim
- 12 each Strawberries
- 8 oz (235 milliliters) Silver Tequilla
- Ice, as needed
3 Pepper Rim
- In a bowl combine sugar, salt, white pepper, black pepper, and pink peppercorns. Hold ambient until needed.
- In a pitcher combine together mangosteen juice, lime juice, lemon juice, and 3 Pepper Rim. Whisk until well blended. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, prepare desired glass by running a lime or wedge around the edge of the glass and dipping into the 3 Pepper Rim. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker muddle 3 strawberries. Add 2 1/2 oz of mangosteen pepper mix, 2 oz tequila, and top with ice. Shake well.
- Fill prepared glass with ice and strain shaken drink into glass. Serve chilled.
Chef Insider Tip: Breaking Down Mangosteen
Using a paring knife, slice through the thick skin of the mangosteen and remove the top. Carefully remove the fruit from the shell using your hands and reserve for use.
- Recipe type: Vegetable Fruit