This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Duskie Estes, Chef of Zazu Kitchen and Farm in Sebastopol, CA.
3 Pepper Rim
- In a bowl combine sugar, salt, white pepper, black pepper, and pink peppercorns. Hold ambient until needed.
- In a pitcher combine together mangosteen juice, lime juice, lemon juice, and 3 Pepper Rim. Whisk until well blended. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, prepare desired glass by running a lime or wedge around the edge of the glass and dipping into the 3 Pepper Rim. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker muddle 3 strawberries. Add 2 1/2 oz of mangosteen pepper mix, 2 oz tequila, and top with ice. Shake well.
- Fill prepared glass with ice and strain shaken drink into glass. Serve chilled.
Chef Insider Tip: Breaking Down Mangosteen
Using a paring knife, slice through the thick skin of the mangosteen and remove the top. Carefully remove the fruit from the shell using your hands and reserve for use.
- Recipe type: Vegetable Fruit