Take burgers on a bold flavour adventure by preparing them with ground lamb, toasted fennel seed and preserved lemon. Forgo the usual condiments and serve with Piri-Piri Romesco Sauce. Romesco is a versatile sauce from Spain made with roasted red peppers and almonds.
- 20 ml (125 milliliters) Club House ® Fennel Seed
- 1 Eggs
- 125 ml (750 milliliters) Chopped fresh parsley
- 50 ml (375 milliliters) Finely chopped red onion
- 50 ml (375 milliliters) Bread crumbs
- 30 ml (175 milliliters) Finely chopped preserved lemon (optional)
- 2 ml (15 milliliters) Pepper Black Coarse Grind500 GR
- 1/2 ml (5 milliliters) Club House ® Sea Salt, French Mediterranean
- 500 g (3 kilogram) Ground lamb
Step 2 | Serves 24
- 10 ml (60 milliliters) Chopped fresh garlic
- 125 ml (750 milliliters) Coarsely chopped roasted red pepper
- 50 ml (375 milliliters) Coarsely chopped slivered almonds
- 30 ml (175 milliliters) Olive oil
- 30 ml (175 milliliters) Piri-piri sauce
Step 3 | Serves 24
- 2 each Whole wheat pita pockets
- 500 ml (3 liters) Mesclum mix or arugula leaves
- 125 ml (750 milliliters) Large diced tomatoes
- 125 ml (750 milliliters) Diced cucumbers
- For Burger: Heat small skillet on medium heat. Add fennel and lightly toast until fragrant. Immediately pour out of hot pan to avoid over-toasting. Reserve 1 tsp. for the Romesco Sauce. Mix 1 Tbsp. toasted fennel and egg in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the parsley, onion, bread crumbs, preserved lemon and pepper; mix until well blended. Add lamb; mix gently. Shape into 4 patties.
- For Romesco Sauce: Place garlic in blender or food processor. Add roasted red pepper almonds remaining parsley oil piri-piri sauce and reserved toasted fennel; cover. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Plating Instructions: Serve each burger in a pita pocket half with mesclun or arugula and cucumber and tomato. Serve with Piri-Piri Romesco Sauce.