This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Ted Corrado, Corporate Executive Chef of The Drake Properties – Drake Hotel, Drake Commissary, Drake One Fifty, Drake Commissary - in Ontario.
Club House Garam Masala & Cumin Roasted Lamb Shoulder
- Season lamb shoulder with Club House Garam Masala and Cumin and sear. Place seared lamb in duck fat and heat until it just starts to simmer.
- Place in oven at 350F for approximately 3 hours, periodically checking to see if it’s tender. When tender, pull the lamb shoulder out of the duck fat and portion accordingly.
- Heat oil in a wide skillet and add onions. Sauté until they are translucent.
- Add the chickpeas, Club House Garam Masala, Club House Cumin, Club House Ginger, tomatoes, lemon juice and about ½ cup of chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cilantro and season with salt.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets. Dredge in cornstarch and deep fry at 325F until crispy.
- Spoon channa masala onto the plate. Place lamb shoulder on top and place the crispy cauliflower around the protein. Garnish with cilantro.