This masterpiece of a cake is laced with our fragrant Warming Spice Blend and finished with a lusciously indulgent labneh (Israeli cream cheese) frosting.
- In a bowl combine labneh, honey, Warming Spice Blend, vanilla, and salt. Mix until ingredients are fully incorporated. Hold refrigerated until needed.
Spiced Honey Cake
- Set oven to 350°F. Prepare two 8" round cake tins by generously buttering sides and dusting with flour.
- In a bowl combine flour, Warming Spice Blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, sugar, honey, milk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until fully mixed and creamy.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth and uniformly blended. Evenly divide batter between prepared cake tins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center on cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool completely and remove from tins.
- Use a serrated knife to level off tops of cooled cake. Use Labneh frosting to ice the top of one of the cakes and top with the other cake.
- Frost outside of cake as desired with remaining frosting. Garnish and cut as desired. Serve chilled or ambient.
To make Labneh, tightly wrap full fat Greek yogurt in cheesecloth and hang refrigerated overnight.
This cake can be made into cupcakes, or any preferred shape.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast