A sensory explosion in your mouth, this refreshing spritzer combines the numbing, effervescent sensation of Szechuan buzz buttons with the hot and fruity Timut Pepper of Nepal.
Liquid Lightning | Serves 4
- 2 cups Water, hot
- 1/2 cup Citron Tea
- 2 tsps Timut Pepper, ground
- 4 each Buzz Buttons, minced
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice, fresh
- 2 tbsps Sugar
Service | Serves 4
- As Needed Ice
- 8 oz Liquid Lightning
- 6 oz Gin, optional
- 8 oz Seltzer
- 4 each Buzz Buttons
- 4 each Lemon Peel
- 4 each Cocktail Stick, 3"x 1/2"
- In a container, combine hot water, citron tea, timut pepper, buzz buttons, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate overnight.
- Strain liquid with a fine-mesh sieve into another container. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, fill a cocktail shaker with ice, 2 ounces liquid lightning, 1 1/2 ounces gin and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour into champagne glass and top with 2 ounces seltzer.
- Garnish with 1 buzz button, 1 lemon peel on a cocktail stick, and serve immediately.
If making a "mocktail" add an additional 1 1/2 oz of seltzer to fill.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast