This refreshing lemonade takes inspiration from masala shakani, a traditional Indian lemonade made with chaat masala seasoning.
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Peel, thin strips
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 cups Soda Water, chilled
- As Needed Ice cubes
- 4 Mint
- In a saucepot combine water, sugar, and lemon peel. Bring to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and chaat masala seasoning.
- Strain and cool completely. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, fill desired glass with ice. Pour 4 ounces lemon syrup into glass and top with 4 ounces chilled seltzer. Garnish with 1 mint spring and serve chilled.
Add 1-2 ounces vodka to make this spiced lemonade into a flavourful cocktail!
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast