A flavour forward twist on a classic grilled cheese with a spicy pepperoncini relish.
Spicy Cholula Pepper Relish
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, pepperoncini slices, Cholula® and cilantro. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set griddle to medium. For service place 2 slices of bread, butter side down on the grill.
- Top one slice with 2 slices cheddar and the other with 2 slices pepper jack cheese.
- Cover one half with 2 tablespoons cotija, 3 tablespoons relish 1/4 cup crispy onions. Once the cheese is melted, cover with the second slice of bread.
- Remove from grill, cut in half. Serve hot.
For added protein, sliced chorizo pairs perfectly with the other components of this sandwich.
- Recipe type: Breads Cakes