A twist on an old favourite; it adds a subtle hint of dill, mint, melon and cucumber to an already refreshing drink. The ultimate refresher.
- 50 ml (375 milliliters) Lemon juice
- 1 liter (6 liters) Water
- 7 ml (45 milliliters) Club House ® Dill Weed
- 20 each Fresh mint leaves
- 175 ml (1 liter) Gin
- 15 ml (90 milliliters) Midori-melon liqueur
- 500 ml (3 liters) Ice
- 500 ml (3 liters) Tonic
- 4 slices (24 slices) Honeydew melon
- 4 slices (24 slices) Cucumber
- The night before serving:
Combine lemon juice, water and dill. In an ice cube tray, place 1 mint leave per ice cube and divide lemon water mixture equally into 5 cubes per serving.
To prepare: Combine gin, midori and ice. Shake until very cold. Divide mint and dill ice cubes into high ball glasses. Strain the gin and midori mix and top off with ½ cup (125 mL) tonic per glass. Garnish with honeydew melon and cucumber.
Make a large batch of the gin and midori mix (minus ice) to hold in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours. Any melon in season will make a great substitute for honeydew.
- Recipe type: Vegetable Fruit