Wrap the tastes of summer in a delectable, handheld dish with Chef Renee’s Tandoori Chicken Naan Bread Wrap! Taste buds will crave the house-made Tandoori Marinade comprised of the exotic blend found in Club House Tandoori Masala. Coriander, fenugreek, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and cumin combine to create the most flavourful feat your menu has hosted yet, all topped with tzatziki, crumbled feta cheese and pickled red onions. Served with a fresh herb salad for that extra refreshing reminder of why you love the season. Explore more
- This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Renee Lavallee, Chef of The Canteen in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- For the Tzatziki: Place the grated and salted cucumber in a colander and strain for 2 hours. Mix the strained and grated cucumber with the yogurt, herbs, lemon juice, zest, garlic and coriander. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Tandoori Marinade: Mix together and massage marinade into chicken and leave 12-24 hours. When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 425 °F and bake until cooked through; approximately 25-30 minutes.
- For the Pickled Red Onions: Place sliced onion in a bowl. Bring water, sugar and vinegar to a boil. Pour over onions and let sit one hour. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Herb Salad: Mix ingredients together
- For Assembly: Heat naan bread in the oven until soft. Once softened, spread tzatziki, pickled red onions, herb salad and crumbled feta. Place chicken and add another dollop of tzatziki and herb salad.
Score the chicken so that the marinade reaches every part of the thigh.