A deliciously indulgent master piece.
- 12 each U-10 scallops
- 50 ml (300 milliliters) Minced garlic
- 125 ml (750 milliliters) Minced shallots
- 125 ml (750 milliliters) White wine
- 750 ml (4 1/2 liters) Vegetable broth
- 1 each Vanilla bean
- 30 ml (175 milliliters) Club House ® Vanilla Extract, Pure
- 1 kg (6 kilogram) Unsalted butter
- 5 ml (30 milliliters) Salt
- 2 ml (15 milliliters) Pepper Black Ground540 GR
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat sautéed garlic and shallots until translucent. Deglaze pan with wine and allow to reduce completely. Add vegetable broth vanilla scrapings/pod and vanilla extract and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and while using an immersion blender add butter slowly one tablespoon at a time to form an emulsion. Do not boil (keep below 190°F /90°C) or the mixture will separate. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use this mixture to poach the scallops. Place butter poaching liquid in a non-reactive saucepan and bring to 120°F (50°C). The temperature must be closely monitored. Add the scallops to the poaching liquid for 15-20 minutes.
This sauce works great with any white flakey fish such as halibut, cod and rock fish.
- Recipe type: Fish Seafood