Add the hot, sweet taste of the Caribbean to your menu with Chef Jenny Burthwright’s island take on prawns! Spiced with the red and black pepper blend of Club House Caribbean Jerk Seasoning, these prawns are crusted with a coconut dredge and served with a house-made peaches ‘n’ corn aioli. A bite of the beach with every forkful!
- This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Jenny Burthwright, Chef Owner of Jane Bond BBQ in Calgary.
- For the Blackened Peaches 'N' Corn Aioli: Preheat oven to 500°F. Combine corn, peaches, brown sugar, garlic powder and onion soup powder. Spread mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 500°F for 15 minutes until slightly blackened. Cool mixture and place in a mixing bowl with mayo and combine with a fork.
- For the Dredge: Mix Caribbean Jerk Seasoning, flours, coconut and brown sugar in a bowl.
- For the Egg Wash: Beat eggs and milk together in a small mixing bowl.
- For the Prawns: Pour oil into a medium sized frying pan and turn on 3/4 heat. Toss the prawns in the dredge and dip in egg wash. Next, toss back into the dredge, fully covering each prawn for a cohesive crust and rest until oil pan is smoking. Gently place the prawns into the oil and fry on each side for 1 minute until crispy and dark. Flip each prawn, fry the other side and reserve.
- For Serving: Plate the prawns in a decorative manner and drizzle with aioli.
- Recipe type: Fish Seafood