10 Things You Didn’t Know About Chef Alex Chen
July 04 2019Classically trained with an iron resume, Chef Alex Chen is not only the name and apron behind Boulevard Kitchen + Oyster Bar, he’s also a husband, father, Canadian Culinary Championship Gold Medalist and Iron Chef Canada Champion. His competitive partners and mentees have also gone on to win prestigious competitions like the Hawksworth Young Chef Scholarship.
We sat down with Vancouver’s own, Chef Alex Chen to uncover 10 things you didn’t already know about this Iron Chef.
1. First dish you ever cooked?
I burnt rice.
2. Favourite Vancouver restaurant to eat at?
Phnom Penh Restaurant.
3. One spice/seasoning you always keep in your pantry?
4. Favourite seafood offering at your restaurants?
5. Favourite Iron Chef contestant?
Chef Rob Feenie.
6. Least favourite ingredient?
7. One Vancouver chef you admire?
8. One thing about Vancouver you’ll never tire of?
9. Food-related guilty pleasure?
10. Best piece of advice you’ve received?
Life is too short for weak sauces.
Learn more about Chef Alex Chen.