10 Things You Didn’t Know About Chef Aaron Langille
October 18 2019
From Barcelona and Copenhagen to California, Chef Aaron Langille has been busy building his palate and skillset around the globe before choosing to call Montreal home.
Now as the Chef Owner of Le Diplomate, a casual small plates and wine-focused contemporary restaurant, he’s summing up 15 years of Montreal living and eating into his dishes, and the locals are biting.
Now, here are 10 other things you didn’t know about Chef Langille!
1. One non-small plate dish you love to cook?
2. Favourite Montreal restaurant to eat at?
3. One spice/seasoning that you wish you could use on everything?
La Grille Montreal Steak Spice.
4. Dream cooking location?
5. One Montreal chef you’d love to collaborate with?
6. First signature dish, and current signature dish?
Squash Flan, Roasted Cauliflower with House-made Black Bean Sauce.
7. Flavour or concept missing from the Montreal food community?
I think people could use more acidity in their food.
8. How would you like to see the Montreal food scene grow?
More international recognition on the same level as other North American cities.
9. If you were a spice or seasoning what would you be and why?
Something with a lot of umami because I like fermenting ingredients and building deeper flavours.
10. Who is your chef hero?
Claude Pelletier, Chef Owner of Le Club Chasse et Pêche, Le Filet and Le Serpent.