Created By: José Casals, Chef Culinary Instructor of Miami Culinary Institute in Miami, FL.
For the oxtail marinade:
1. Blend lemongrass, cilantro stems, garlic powder, green chili, shallots, fish sauce, 1 Tbsp. green curry paste, cumin seed, galangal, shrimp paste, lime leaf, and sugar to a fine paste in a food processor and rub well into the oxtail.
2. Marinate overnight.
For the oxtail curry:
1. Sweat onion in oil.
2. Add remaining paste and sweat.
3. Add oxtail, coconut milk and chicken stock.
4. Bring to a boil and then simmer until meat is falling off the bone.
5. Remove meat, blend sauce and pass through a fine china cap.
6. Cover the meat with the sauce and reserve until needed.
Plating Instructions: Reheat gently and place small amount onto individual serving spoons and garnish with a cilantro leaf.