A recipe that gives you 2 mains and twice the sides, Chef Dan Geltner’s Bean Salad is comprised of Club House Sea Salted oven dried tomatoes, a warm egg yolk dressing and fresh sautéed breadcrumbs enhanced with Club House Montreal Steak Spice. You’re going to need more beans.
This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Dan Geltner of Hof Kelsten in Montreal, Quebec.
Oven Dried Tomatoes
- Blanche tomatoes, and peel.
- Toss tomatoes with sugar, salt, and olive oil to season.
- Slow roast, 250F for 3-5 hours.
- Sautée breadcrumbs, 5g olive oil, and steak spice in a pan on low-medium heat until golden.
- Mix egg, 15g olive oil, juice of half a lemon, and parm in a metal bowl.
- Boil beans in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly warm egg dressing over a Bain Marie or directly over heat.
- Add 60g of the salted boiling water to dressing. Thicken the sauce like a hollandaise, or a sabayon, you want to avoid curdling.
- When sauce is approaching ribbon stage, add and toss with the beans.
- Plate the beans and top with lots of Club House Montreal Steak Spice seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes, and fresh herbs.