All stocked up on fresh seasonal produce? Your guests will love this roasted fall squash feature. Served on a bed of creamy whipped ricotta, this dish is tossed with a house-made brown butter vinaigrette enhanced by the depth, acidity and spiciness of French’s® Dijon Mustard. Perfect for a cozy autumn outing.
This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Alvin Pillay of The Donnelly Group in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Brown Butter Vinaigrette
- In a bowl, whisk together brown butter, French’s Dijon Mustard, vinegar, and seasonings. While continuing to whisk, incorporate olive oil in a steady stream until all the oil is mixed in.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Toss together squash, olive oil, oregano, and salt. Bake until tender and well roasted, 20-25 minutes.
Agro Dolce Onions
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, combine together the sugar, vinegar, and onions. On medium heat, cook down until reduced into a syrup consistency. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- In a stand mixer or bowl with a whisk, combine together ricotta, cream, lemon, and salt. Lightly whip until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to plate.
- Lightly fry the sage leaves in a small amount of canola oil. Remove from oil and place on to paper napkin to drain excess oil, season with salt.
- Generously spread the ricotta on the base of the plate. Toss the roasted squash with a portion of the brown butter dijon vinaigrette. Top the ricotta with the squash followed by agro dolce onions. Dress with more vinaigrette and crispy fried sage.