A North-American Chop Suey favourite with an Indo-Chinese twist! Chicken thigh cutlet deep fried in a golden pancake batter (for extra fluffiness), seasoned with Tandoori Masala and served with a sweet and fragrant Pineapple Sauce. This recipe was created by chef Joanna Liu of Yueh Tung Restaurant, Toronto, ON.
Tandoori Soo Guy
- Fillet deboned chicken thigh so that it is at least 15cm in length. In a dry bowl, mix A/P flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Pour in 1/2 a cup of water and mix well. Consistency should coat the back of spoon and drip smoothly and slowly.
- Dip the chicken thighs in the batter, ensure that it is well coated. Slowly dip the coated chicken thighs in a deep fryer set at 350F for about 1 minute; take chicken out for 1 minute to rest; fry again for another minute.
- While chicken is hot, lightly dust Club House Tandoori Masala all around the chicken. Set chicken aside on a flat surface to rest at room temperature.
Tandoori Pineapple Sauce
- In heavy pot or wok, bring water and pineapples to a boil, pour in sugar, and wait for sugar to dissolve completely. Add in pinch of salt, vinegar, and turn temperature down so that solution comes to a simmer, and slowly pour some of the slurry until you achieve desired consistency.
- Finish pineapple sauce with a light dusting of Club House Tandoori masala.
- Slice chicken on a bias, serve with pineapple sauce on the side.