So your customers think they know meat lovers? Put their taste buds to the test with Fugazzi’s Hot Meat Lovers Pizza. Smoky cedar beef meatballs, fresh mozzarella cheese, and a sauce made from Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce; need we say more?
This recipe was created for Club House for Chefs by: Antoine Morneau of Fugazzi Pizza in Montreal, Quebec.
- Mix all ingredients in rotary mixer with dough hook until combined, and knead for 10 mins, until very smooth and elastic.
- Let bulk ferment at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Portion to 210 gr balls, and store in a well-sealed container in fridge for up to 72 hours (The longer the deeper the flavour).
RedHot Pizza Sauce
- Crush tomatoes and mix well with remaining ingredients. Store in a non-reactive container, and set aside.
Smoky Cedar Meatballs
- Mix ground beef and Club House La Grille Smoky Cedar Seasoning together, and form into medium-size meatballs.
- In a hot skillet or on grill, cook meatballs to medium-rare.
- Cool and set aside.
- Pull dough out of cooler for 2 hours prior to cooking.
- Hand stretch dough to 9 inches, or desired crust thickness. Oil dough.
- Scoop 60ml of sauce onto dough, and spread edge to edge.
- Tear and place mozzarella slices on top of sauce, crumble meatballs on top, and finish with sliced onion.
- Bake at 500F until fully cooked, and cheese is bubbling to center.
- Top with fresh basil leaves, and freshly grated parmesan.
- Recipe type: Pasta Rice Grains